The Golden CoupleThe Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 Stars

The velvety, expensive wine, attractive decor, and friendly conversation can’t mask the truth: ugly, explosive secrets are swirling around inside this room.

There is a lot going on in this book and I liked it. It made for a lot of red herrings and never knowing who to trust. The gist of it is Marissa and Matthew start marriage counseling with disgraced therapist Avery. Marissa reveals she had an affair and there starts the ten step process Avery sets the couple on. Avery is also a whistleblower and called the FDA on a pharmaceutical company a client worked for, they know it was she and they are after her to name the client who told her.

The story is told from the point of view of both Avery and Marissa. Neither of these women were particularly likeable but I liked reading about them. There were many twists in the book and the writing and plot were riveting. I could not put this book down and read it in a day. I would have given this five Stars but the ending was a bit convoluted in my humble opinion.

This is the fourth book by this incredible writing duo and I have read and loved every single one. There are always many surprises in their novels and they never disappoint. I highly recommend this one and all their others as well.

With many thank to NetGalley, the astonishingly brilliant Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen and St. Martin's Press for the giving of the ARC.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa