The Room in the AtticThe Room in the Attic by Louise Douglas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my sixth book by Louise Douglas and it is obvious that I am a fan. I have enjoyed every single book but this one is by far my favourite of all. I love Louise Douglas ' writing style, she tells a story with feeling and sets up the setting perfectly, in two timelines no less. She also has an ability to write such interesting characters that her tales are both plot and character driven.

I loved that this book is told in 1903 and 1993. In 1903 we read from Nurse Emma's point of view and in 1993 it is from student Lewis' point of view. This was such a unique premise mixing mystery with a gothic ghost story. This is a perfect read for autumn and Halloween. (view spoiler)

With many thanks to NetGalley, Louise Douglas and Boldwood Books for the giving of the ARC.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa