The Cottage by Lisa Stone

The Cottage My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love books with creepy, atmospheric, gothic houses and this has that in spades. Right from the beginning Jan is spooked by something in the woods. Is it animal, vegetable or human? Well you'll have to read the book to find out. There are two plotlines going on here and the second one was kind of disturbing but in a good way, it reminded me of the old V.C. Andrews books back in the day and I loved those. The only problem I had with this book was the fact that I had basically figured everything out pretty early on. I enjoyed the story and the writing and I kept on reading to see if I was right, it was entertaining enough to make me want to finish it, so that's saying something. I would read more from this author, this is my first by Lisa Stone but I'd check out her other books for sure. This was perfect for a fall evening read, right before Halloween. I would like to take a moment to appreciate the beautiful cover as well. It fits perfect with the story inside and I just love that.

With many thanks to NetGalley, Lisa Stone and Harper 360, HarperCollins for the giving of the ARC.

#TheCottage #NetGalley

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa