Hello, TranscriberHello, Transcriber by Hannah Morrissey
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked this book enough but it started off a little slow and I had a hard time getting into it. I did love the unique premise as I don't think I have ever read a book with a transcriber as a character before. Hazel was the type of character I loved to hate, I felt for her in some ways as it seemed her job defined her as she had a crumbling marriage and suffers from depression. I like when books can focus on mental health in a non judgy yet real way...It happens to the best of us. Hannah Morrissey writes with great characterization and I was able to feel things about them. I did not like the romantic side of the story though, it wasn't needed, this book worked well as a simple crime story and an adult, school-girl crushing over a detective took something away from the story in my opinion. Overall a fairly decent read and I see great things in future for this author.

With many thanks to NetGalley, Hannah Morrissey and St. Martin's Press, Minotaur Books for the giving of the ARC.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman