For the Summer by Camille Harte

For the Summer (Paperback)
All The Stars For For The Summer by Camille Harte
☆☆☆☆☆ .ePUB, 328 pages
Expected Publication:  11 September 2021
By: Camille Harte, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles

This was such a lovely read. It starts with almost 12 year old Cat in 1984 when she meets just turned 12 years old Will at her father's marina. We watch their friendship grow to various depths every summer from 1984 to 1999. I loved the pop culture references for every year as I am only five years older than the main characters. This is a book of many genres coming of age, young adult and romance to name but a few. I loved how Camille Harte was able to voice an adolescent girl as well as a boy so easily and I loved how each chapter was a different summer by year...I also found the way the author chronicled the year the chapter was titled by what was going on then, it was a really interesting and enjoyable way to start each chapter off. The writing really put you in the story and there was such a nostalgic feeling of time and place. This was a really delightful and entertaining book and I had so much fun reading it...I highly recommend it.

With many thanks to NetGalley and Camille Harte, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles for the giving of the ARC.

#ForTheSummer #NetGalley

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa