The Guest House by Robin Morgan-Bentley

The Guest House
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
.ePUB, 257 pages
Publication Date: 13 Sept 2022
By: Poisoned Pen Press
Amazon | Goodreads

About The Book:
Jamie and Victoria are expecting their first baby. With a few weeks to go, they head off for a final weekend break in a remote part of the North Pennines. The small and peaceful guesthouse is the ideal location to unwind together before becoming parents. Upon arrival, they are greeted by Barry and Fiona, the older couple who run the guesthouse. They cook them dinner and show them to their room before retreating to bed themselves. The next morning, Jamie and Victoria wake to find the house deserted. Barry and Fiona are nowhere to be seen. All the doors are locked. Both their mobile phones and car keys have disappeared. Even though it's a few weeks early, Victoria knows the contractions are starting. The baby is coming, and there's no way out.

My Review:
This book gripped me right away, I was so wrapped up in the suspense I didn't even realize I was holding my breath in anticipation while reading it. The narrative is addictive and I was anxious to see what would happen next. The story is told in alternating chapters, which I liked very much. It is a dual timeline story that takes place about a month apart.

You do have to suspend belief a little bit here and I don't usually go for that type of thriller as I like it to be realistic BUT this was so utterly entertaining with clever plot twists that I am able to overlook it. It is definitely what I would call an edge-of-your-seat type of book with a dark and sinister feel. I liked the creepy epilogue too!

If you enjoy locked room type of thrillers, that are very fast-paced, where the pages practically turn themselves I highly recommend you pick this one up, it was a wild adrenalin-fueled ride and I loved every minute of it. 

Disclosure:
Many thanks to NetGalley, Poisoned Pen Press, and Robin Morgan-Bentley for the giving of the ARC.

#TheGuestHouse #NetGalley

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa