I Know Your Secret by Ruth Heald

I Know Your Secret
⭐️
.ePUB, 278 pages
Published: June 10th 2020
By: Bookouture

About The Book:
She thinks she knows me. She believes my marriage is falling apart at the seams, that my husband can barely look me in the eyes. She thinks I’m desperate for a baby, that my longing for a family keeps me up at night. As much as I hate to admit it, all of this is true. She thinks I listen to her advice, that I care about her opinion. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Because she has no idea who I am. She has no clue that I know everything. I know her secret. I know that she did the unforgivable. I know how many lives she ruined. I know exactly what she did. And I’m here for her.

My Review:
Attention authors...taking one antidepressant does not a cure make. It takes WEEKS of being on a prescribed amount for any positive effects. I see this all the time in psychological thrillers, a character takes one pill and starts to feel better. Also, DO NOT DO THIS "An absolutely gripping psychological thriller full of twists" unless you can deliver.

Besides the little tidbits above this book gets low stars because it was SO repetitive. The same thing happening over and over again ad nauseam. The two main characters were so one-dimensional and so alike that I kept forgetting whose point of view I was reading from and there was zero character development.

The only reason I decided to finish this book was that it has many four and five-star reviews so I kept hoping something would happen...it didn't and I figured out the "twist" pretty early on. This author also underwhelmed me with The Woman Upstairs so obviously, she is just not for me and I deleted the other book I had of hers.

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa