The Cabin in the Woods by Sarah Alderson

The Cabin in the Woods
⭐️⭐️⭐️
.ePUB, 252 pages
Publication Date: 07 July 2022
By: Avon
Amazon | Goodreads

About The Book:
In a cabin in a wood,
A woman by the window stood.
Glancing out, she thought she heard
Footsteps, whistling, something stirred.
Hiding here, she fears the night,
For what’s done in the dark will come to light.
She must run fast to escape her lie
Or she’ll be the next to die…

My Review:
This is my fourth book by this author, The Weekend Away, In Her Eyes, and especially The Stalker were all amazing books and four or five star reads for me. I was so disappointed with this one and it is a hard book to review. On the one hand, I was furiously flipping pages anxious to see what happened next but on the other hand, it was a little too far-fetched for me. I was really enjoying this until the halfway mark when things got a little out there.

I liked the two different timelines and that they finally converge into an explosive revelation. The writing is definitely suspenseful and the short chapters ramped up the tension, I love when a book can make me feel apprehensive. The unknown is what drew me into this story and I was able to read it in a single sitting because it was so engaging.

I like popcorn thrillers just as much as the next person but I have to have SOME plausibility on my reading journey and this had very little. The author does earn some stars for how compelling the story was and I appreciated what she was trying to do with the whole #metoo movement thing, she just didn't hit this one out of the park like her others.

A special shout out to my local library for lending me THIS BOOK. Thank you Toronto Public Library!

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa