The Twins by J.S. Lark

The Twins
☆☆☆
.ePUB, 330 pages
Expected publication: November 20th 2020 by HarperCollins UK, One More Chapter

About the Book:
Susan and Sarah. Sisters. Best friends. Together… forever? Nothing could break them apart. Until they meet him. And he can only choose one…Now Susan is back. Determined to reclaim everything Sarah has taken from her. Her home, her husband…her life?

My Review:
What the Heck Did I Just Read!? This book was a complete mind-fuck and I loved it! Yes it was over the top and you have to be able to suspend your belief a little bit. That usually drives me bonkers but I hated everyone in this book so it worked. 

The story is told in two different timelines, when the girls are teens and thirty years later. The before chapters, when they were younger, made me feel all kinds of emotions and I enjoyed them the most because of that. There are many twists and turns...right up until the end. Some of them even I didn't see and that's saying a lot because I can usually figure them out.

I loved the writing, it was so easy to read and kept me reading. I really enjoyed how I as the reader got to experience the unfolding of the story along with Lucy as she learned more about her aunt and her own mother. It was definitely a case of... just when you thought you knew...think again - and then maybe...think again. 

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, J.S. Lark, HarperCollins UK and One More Chapter for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa