My Darling by Amanda Robson


☆☆☆1/2
ebook, 228 pages
Expected publication: November 3rd 2020 by Harper 360/Avon Books UK

About the Book:
A new couple moves in next door. And nothing will ever be the same again. I watched you move in and thought we might be friends. I saw you watching from the window – and knew I’d have to keep you away from my husband. I started to trust you. Confide in you. I started to mistrust you. Suspect you. I was confused when I blacked out after an evening at your place. Was I really that drunk? I came up with a plan. A plan to make you both pay.


My favorite part of this story was its consistency. From the beginning, and all the way through to the end, the author manages to drop in just enough of a hint or plot point to keep you engaged. There are no dragging moments where you're just in it for the end result.

Throughout the story line, I was second guessing my predictions and wondering if I was being led on in the wrong direction. Was I being told to look right when the story was going left? Is this person as sane as they think they are, or are we being given a normal narrative from an insane character? You never find out until the end.

The author did a fantastic job filling out each character without bogging you down with details. No character was too minor or insignificant. You could recall each person with familiarity, even if their role was small. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone looking for an engrossing mystery/thriller. I could not put it down and I had to find out what happened. There are some unexpected twists in the story that caught me off guard.

While I have to admit there were A LOT of coincidences in this book, hence the 3.5 stars instead of four, BUT the readability factor led me to round it up.

Thank you NetGalley, Amanda Robson and Avon Books UK for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#MyDarling #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman