Cobble Hill by Cecily von Ziegesar

Cobble Hill
☆☆☆☆1/2
.ePUB, 286 pages
Expected publication: November 10th 2020 by Atria Books

About the Book:
Welcome to Cobble Hill. In this eclectic Brooklyn neighborhood, private storms brew amongst four married couples and their children. There’s ex-groupie Mandy, so underwhelmed by motherhood and her current physical state that she fakes a debilitating disease to get the attention of her skateboarding, ex-boyband member husband Stuart. There’s the unconventional new school nurse, Peaches, on whom Stuart has an unrequited crush, and her disappointing husband Greg, who wears noise-cancelling headphones—everywhere. A few blocks away, Roy, a well-known, newly transplanted British novelist, has lost the thread of his next novel and his marriage to capable, indefatigable Wendy. Around the corner, Tupper, the nervous, introverted industrial designer with a warehouse full of prosthetic limbs struggles to pin down his elusive artist wife Elizabeth. She remains…elusive. Throw in two hormonal teenagers, a ten-year-old pyromaniac, a drug dealer pretending to be a doctor, and a lot of hidden cameras, and you’ve got a combustible mix of egos, desires, and secrets bubbling in brownstone Brooklyn.


My Review:
I have not read nor watched the Gossip Girl series so Cecily von Ziegesar is a new author to me, I liked the blurb of the book and am really glad I got it from NetGalley. I really enjoyed this book and read it in one sitting. It’s well written and shows how New Yorkers live. I liked the characters too; they were unbelievably quirky, idiosyncratic and funny with a little angst and unrequited love thrown in the mix.

The plot is "What the heck did I just read?" But in a really good way and was very character driven. I liked that about it because the characters were all interesting and distinctive. There were a lot of them but I had no difficulty trying to keep up with them or telling them apart. So while not a complex or thought provoking read BUT if you are in the right mindset this is fun and easy, so for me I completely enjoyed reading about the lives and mishaps of the residents of Cobble Hill.

Disclousure:
Thank you NetGalley, Cecily von Ziegesar and Atria Books for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa