Little Bones by N V Peacock

Little Bones: The most chilling serial killer thriller you’ll read this year
☆☆1/2
.ePUB, 299 pages
Expected publication: October 31st 2020 by Avon Books UK

About the Book:
I have three names:
I was born Leigh-Ann. I became Cherrie. When I was a child, they called me Little Bones…
My father was Mr Bones – the notorious serial killer of 25 years ago.
As a child I witnessed his crimes.
Everything is different now. I have a new identity. I’m a mother. I am finally free.
Until that podcast. I should never have listened.
They’re linking a recent disappearance to the crimes of the past.
They know who I am. They’re calling me Little Bones again.
They say I’m a villain but I’m not. I’m a victim.
You believe me, don’t you?


My Review:
This book was difficult to get through because it is a disturbing story. I have read worse books and I have definitely read much better books...and I'm not sure if that's due to the subject matter or the writing. While Little Bones had some interesting parts, much of it was boring and redundant.  The writing in this book is okay, but the pacing is a little slow and inconsistent. Rather than a continual ramping up of tension and suspense, there's a peak of suspense, followed by an extended period of nothing really happening, until the end of the book when there is the resolution. 

The characterization is well done but there wasn't one I liked, also I didn't feel the stakes seemed real. So much more could have been written about how and when who knew what. A complete let down. My actual rating would be a 2.5 if halves were an option.

Disclousure:
Thank you NetGalley, N V Peacock and Avon Books UK for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa