Candy Hearts by Tommy Siegel

Candy Hearts
☆☆☆☆
.PDF, 116 pages
Expected publication: February 2nd 2021 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

About the Book:
A devastatingly funny view of how romantic couples are not on the same page. Tommy Siegel's single-panel "candy hearts" cartoons are sharp-edged yet lighthearted observations of human romantic relationships. Each one brilliantly depicts the many ways in which lovers deceive each other and hide their true feelings from the world. In Tommy Siegel's capable hands, this simple premise is incredibly relatable and very, very funny.


My Review:
I don't know that any person can make me laugh as hard as Tommy Siegel and his demented, wonderful cartoons. This collection is just as good as his first, and may even be better, which is saying something because I really loved I Hope This Helps.

I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe at one cartoon, only to have the next one hit like a gut punch. He is honest and the cartoons aren't only funny but also show a vulnerable side to relationships, which are always oddly relatable.

Some of the Best:




Disclousure:
Thank you NetGalley, Tommy Siegel and Andrews McMeel Publishing for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#CandyHearts #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman