She by H.C. Warner

She
☆☆☆1/2
.ePUB, 296 pages
Expected publication: January 23rd 2020 by Harper 360

About the Book:
SHE’s everything he dreamed of, isn’t SHE?
Ben can’t believe his luck when Bella walks into his life, just when he needs her most. Sexy, impulsive and intelligent, Bella is everything he ever wanted. And Bella wants him. All to herself. In fact, Bella decides that everything is better when it is just the two of them, making it harder for Ben’s friends and family to stay in touch. And then a sudden tragedy triggers a chain of events which throws Ben headlong into a nightmare.


My Review:

One intriguing love story...two VERY different points of view

This is a character driven story and it worked for me as everyone involved were relatable and human with many flaws...there some you love and some you love to hate. The main character, Bella, was a bitch of the highest order and her hatred of everyone around her was palpable.

This is a brilliant read with a wonderfully well written plot and story line that had me engaged from the start and there were many a conflict to keep it interesting. I loved the writing style Mr. Warner uses as it keeps you glued to the pages...what will Bella be up to next? She was like Sybil with the multiple personalities. One minute she was sweet as pie and the next she was having a freak-out psycho moment. I don't know how poor Ben put up with it as long as he did. I loved how the plot line was WAY over the top in the most delicious way. 

Recommend reading for those who enjoyed the boiling bunny-ness of Fatal Attraction and if you're into the female psychopath trope. Although this was an excellent debut I found the ending a bit too perfect and it bummed me out, I really wish the author went another way. For that reason I am rounding down instead of up. 

Disclousure:
Thank you NetGalley, H.C. Warner and Harper 360 for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#She #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa