‎ Because You Loved Me by Beth Moran

🏕️🏕️🏕️🏕️
.ePUB, 400 pages
Expected Publication: 11 Jan 2023
By: Boldwood Books
Goodreads | Amazon

About The Book:
Marion Miller needs a fresh start. Her childhood in Northern Ireland wasn’t easy, with a father who passed away when she was young and a mother who got lost in grief. Now grown-up and with family relations as tense as ever, Marion heads to England, to find out the truth about her father’s mysterious past – and hopefully an extended family who will love her as much as he did. Scarlett Obermann runs a holiday park in Sherwood Forest with her daughter Grace, but what’s she’s best at is making people feel like they belong. With her merry band of waifs and strays, Scarlett welcomes Marion with open arms, and it isn’t long before Marion finally understands what it means to find a home. As she tries to uncover her father’s story, Marion slowly blossoms, even daring to indulge in her crush on Reuben, the son of the Lord of the Manor, but she hasn’t quite out-run her past. And as Scarlett faces her own tragedy, it’s Marion’s turn to take care of everyone. Because you can’t choose your family, but you can make your friends the family you choose.

My Review:
I had learned something. I didn’t need my friends to be perfect. 
I didn’t want them to be. I needed honesty, and to know that I didn’t have to be perfect either.

I was expecting a fun, lighthearted read but this book is so much more than that. This is my third book (this year!) by Beth Moran, both Just The Way You Are and Let It Snow were also four star reads for me. Her books always evoke a lot of emotions as they are a little bit romantic, a little bit humourous, and are written with a lot of heart.

This story has characters that will touch you in unexpected ways, all of them have real life issues that they deal with in a realistic way. I connected to them and wanted them to overcome their obstacles and be true to themselves because I really cared about what happened to them. I know Marion is the main character in this and I adored her but Scarlett was my favourite character. She was just so loving and wise. And I have to mention how much I adored Valarie, she was so smart with all her facts.

The main plotline is Marion trying to find out about her dad and a mysterious photo but I honestly felt that was secondary as the characters and community of the camp were at the forefront of the story. It is told from the point of view of Marion and we also get flashbacks to her childhood. That made me angry, her mother was a real piece of work, and even though she had her reasons I couldn't help feeling mad at her and so bad for Marion. In the end Marion realizes she is a lot stronger than she thinks and I cheered her on while she progressed and came into her own.

I wholeheartedly recommend this and ALL of Beth Moran's books I've mentioned. Let it Snow would make an excellent holiday read!

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the Advance Readers Copy.

#BecauseYouLovedMe #NetGalley

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa