Merrily Ever After by Cathy Bramley

🎄🎄🎄🎄
Print Length: 414 pages
Publication Date: October 13, 2022
By: Orion
Goodreads | Amazon

About The Book:
Merry has always wanted a family to spend Christmas with, and this year her dream comes true as she says 'I do' to father-of-two Cole. But as she juggles her rapidly-growing business, wedding planning and the two new children in her life, her dream begins to unravel. Emily is desperately waiting for the New Year to begin, so she can finally have a fresh start. She has always put her family first, leaving little time for happiness and love. When her beloved father Ray moves into a residential home, she discovers a photograph in his belongings that has the potential to change everything. As past secrets come to light, will this be a magical Christmas for Emily and Merry to remember?


My Review:
A Wedding and Christmas all in one book? Count me in! I had no idea that this was book one in a series, the first one being The Merry Christmas Project. This one can certainly be read as a stand-alone but I will be reading book one during next year's holiday season as I would love to know Merry and Cole's backstories. 

 I figured out how Merry and Emily were connected long before the book revealed it but it in no way ruined my enjoyment of the book. It was really lovely to read about them meeting and learning about each other. I loved that the romance wasn't central to the story as Merry deals with running her own business, learning how to be a stepmom and getting ready for her big day. Emily on the other hand is dealing with her father's dementia, starting a new job and has been dumped by her ingrate of a boyfriend. 

All in all this book was festive, romantic and very realistic. I look forward to reading more by this author.

This title is currently available for purchase.

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa