All I Want for Christmas by Joanna Bolouri

🎁🎁🎁🎁
.ePUB, 236 pages
Publication Date: October 1, 2020
By: Quercus
Goodreads | Amazon 

About The Book:
When Nick loses his job and is dumped by his glamorous but demanding girlfriend, he is forced to grudgingly accept work as a Santa at a local Christmas grotto. As his friends are getting married or promoted, Nick spends his days being terrorised by unfriendly elves and cried on by snotty, spoiled children. Then he meets 4-year-old Alfie. All Alfie wants for Christmas is for his mum, Sarah, to be happy again. Moved by the boy's selfless wish, Nick arranges a date between Sarah and his best friend, Matt. But as Sarah and Alfie become part of all their lives, Nick realises that happiness for Sarah and Matt might mean heartbreak for himself.

My Review:
This was such a charming book, I couldn't get enough of Nick, he was so real and relatable. He was funny and sweet yet full of human flaws, but ones I could have forgiven him for as he made up for them in other ways. I loved that this story was from the male character's point of view. Having a female author write a male lead so well is rare. 

The book is so much more than just another typical holiday romance as Nick learns he needs to be true to himself and find a career that is satisfying and I liked him and Sarah together. Sarah's son, Alfie, was such an adorable character. I always give props when an author voices a child so well and Joanna Bolouri does a great job. I have Driving Home for Christmas and The Most Wonderful Time of the Year by this author and if this book is anything to go by I will be reading them both this holiday season!

This title is currently available for purchase.

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman