The Christmas Wish by Lindsey Kelk

πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„
.ePUB, 352 pages
Publication Date: November 15, 2022
By: HarperCollins
Goodreads | Amazon

About The Book:

Newly single lawyer Gwen Baker is hoping that a family Christmas—countryside, a mountain of food and festive films—will salve the sting of her career hanging by a thread and her heart being trampled on. Because everyone else has their life sorted: even Dev, her boy-next-door crush, is now a tall, dark and handsome stranger with a fiancΓ©e. She can’t help wishing her future was clearer. Then Gwen wakes up to discover it’s Christmas day all over again. Like Groundhog Day but with eggnog. And family arguments. On repeat. As she figures out how to escape her own particular Christmas hell, Dev is the one bright spot. He might be all grown-up but underneath he’s just as kind and funny as she remembers. Maybe, just maybe, her heart can be mended after all. But how do you fall in love with someone who can’t remember you from one day to the next?

My Review:
This was my first read by author Lindsey Kelk, it was full-on dramarama at Christmas and I was so here for it. It was also very funny at times but heartwarming in equal measure. What surprised me the most was the fact that it wasn't repetitive as it had a Groundhog Day like plot. I loved how the romance wasn't the main focus of the story, the family was, and Gwen's relationships within it. Don't get me wrong is she definitely hot for the boy next door but that isn't what the book is about and I liked that about it.

Our main character, Gwen learns a lot about herself and her family as she relives Christmas day over and over again. She learns to appreciate what she has and what her family means to her. I loved her Gran, she reminded me so much of my own feisty Nannie. And the message or moral of the story is a good one, spend more time with those you love, and do what makes you happy. I will be checking out more by this author, she has a huge library of books to choose from. That is the best compliment I can give an author.

This title is currently available for purchase.

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa