Just The Way You Are by Beth Moran

Just The Way You Are
☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 326 pages
Expected Publication: 17 February 2022
By: Boldwood Books

About The Book:
When Olivia Tennyson – or Ollie to her friends – was sixteen, she wrote a Dream List of all the things she wanted for her life, including a happy marriage and a family. But at twenty-nine, Ollie is single, living at home with her over-protective and manipulative mother, and is feeling like her dreams are getting further out of reach. It’s time for a change. It’s time to take matters into her own hands. Without telling her mum, or more importantly, asking her permission, Ollie finds the perfect place to start her new life. End Cottage has a duck-egg blue front door, a garden that leads to acres of forest, and definitely counts as her dream home. Now all Ollie has to do is complete the rest of her list and find out who she really is, before she can imagine any romance coming into her life. After all, how is she going to find her dream man in the middle of a forest.

My Review:

🎵🎶 I said I love you, that's forever, and this I promise from the heart
 I couldn't love you any better, I love you just the way you are 🎵🎶

I enjoyed this story a lot, it was the feel good read I needed right now and Ollie was a character i cared about so much. I know I just said "feel good" and this book is that but it is also so much more. It's about overcoming an abusive past, coming into ones own and making new friends. It is also has a romantic vibe but I don't think this book is a romance in the traditional sense and I liked that about it. 

I didn’t know it was possible to miss someone so much while still being so happy not to have to see or hear from them.

This book made me laugh, cry and sigh...the type of book you hug when finished. The characters were so relatable to me and I felt connected to them and cheered them on. Even though the main character basically looks at life through rose coloured glasses the book deals with some hard hitting topics as well. I connected with Ollie and was so pleased to join her on her journey of self discovery.

Disclosure:
With many thanks to NetGalley, Beth Moran and Boldwood Books for the giving of the ARC.

#JustTheWayYouAre #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa