The Whispers by Heidi Perks

The Whispers
☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 283 pages
Expected Publication: 08 Mar 2022
By: Simon & Schuster Canada, Gallery Books

About The Book:
Anna loves Girls’ Night with her friends. With the kids safely in bed, it’s a chance for the women to let loose, enjoy some wine, and just laugh. But after one lively evening, Anna doesn’t arrive for school drop-off the next morning—or the next, or the next. Everyone, especially her husband and young son, are frantic with worry but none more so than Grace, her childhood best friend. Grace is certain that someone is hiding the truth about Anna’s unexplained disappearance. As rumors fly and accusations are whispered among neighbors, Grace decides to take matters into her own hands and find out what happened to Anna…or die trying.

My Review:
Both Her One Mistake and Three Perfect Liars by this author were hits for me and Heidi Perks continues her clever psychological thriller streak with The Whispers. 

I started this just before bed last night, at ten o'clock, and stayed up until four thirty to finish it. It sucked me into the characters lives right away and when I got got to part two I thought one chapter then sleep. Well we know THAT didn't happen as part two blew me away with the twist. Yes the book is a tad far fetched BUT I can forgive that when I am being surprised and entertained as much as I was reading this. There are many timelines and points of view but Perks writing is seamlessly woven and I just had to find out what happens next. Not only does the writing keep you engaged by the time I was half done with part three there were so many twists I thought I'd get whiplash.  I love being surprised and enthralled while reading. 

All I can say is Heidi Perks has done it yet again and I will be first in line for whatever she comes up with next.

Disclosure:
With many thanks to NetGalley, Heidi Perks and Simon & Schuster Canada, Gallery Books for the giving of the ARC.

#TheWhispers #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman