The Book Woman's Daughter (The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek #2) by Kim Michele Richardson

The Book Woman's Daughter
☆☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 316 pages
Expected Publication: 03 May 2022
By: Sourcebooks Landmark

About The Book:
In the ruggedness of the beautiful Kentucky mountains, Honey Lovett has always known that the old ways can make a hard life harder. As the daughter of the famed blue-skinned, Troublesome Creek packhorse librarian, Honey and her family have been hiding from the law all her life. But when her mother and father are imprisoned, Honey realizes she must fight to stay free, or risk being sent away for good. Picking up her mother's old packhorse library route, Honey begins to deliver books to the remote hollers of Appalachia. Honey is looking to prove that she doesn't need anyone telling her how to survive. But the route can be treacherous, and some folks aren't as keen to let a woman pave her own way. If Honey wants to bring the freedom books provide to the families who need it most, she's going to have to fight for her place, and along the way, learn that the extraordinary women who run the hills and hollers can make all the difference in the world.

My Review:
Southern Historical Fiction is my favourite genre and I loved the first book in this series, The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek so much and I just couldn't wait to dig into this one. This is my fifth book by this author and every single one was a four or five star read for me and she is an automatic add to my huge to be read pile. This one did not disappoint.

This is a well written exploration of a second generation bookwoman. The sense of time and place was near perfect. I felt I was there in Kentucky with Honey dealing with sexism and prejudice right along with her in the postwar period. Like the other books I have read by Kim Michele Richardson  this is well researched fiction, I have always enjoyed and admired how real her characters are and how many emotions she can make me feel with her writing. From the first word to the last page this book was perfection.

Disclosure:
With many thanks to NetGalley, Kim Michele Richardson and Sourcebooks Landmark for the giving of the ARC.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa