The Waitress by Nina Manning

The Waitress
🌟🌟
.ePUB, 263 pages
Expected Publication: 21 Jul 2022
By: Boldwood Books

About The Book:
Nameless. Faceless. Deadly? Waitress Kit Lowman knows that people look down on her and the job she does. But being anonymous offers Kit safety and security and allows her own terrible secrets to remain hidden. And then Kit’s luck changes, and she suddenly faces a terrible dilemma: reveal her true identity and accept that life will never be the same. Or stay in the shadows…where she hopes she’ll be safe? But secrets can’t stay hidden forever. And the more Kit tries to hide away, the more someone makes it clear that they are going to make her pay for what she did.

My Review:
Around this time last year I read and enjoyed The Bridesmaid by Nina Manning so I was so happy to get this one from NetGalley. I am unhappy to report that The Waitress did not meet my expectations. It isn't a bad book but it was really slow-paced and I just could not get into it. Were are told the story from Kit's point of view with then and now chapters, I usually love this format but it got really bogged down with a lot of descriptions and feelings. I found the atmosphere of the book, while Kit was in the house, very creepy though. We know Kit is hiding something but we don't know what and it seemed to take forever to get there. The book is very much character-driven as it all revolves around Kit's thoughts, feelings, and inner dialogue. The whole time I was reading there was a feeling of foreboding and it is intelligently written and I liked that about it. I just found that this fell a little flat for me and it was real slow burner but not in a good way.

Disclosure:
Many thanks to NetGalley, Boldwood Books, and Nina Manning for the giving of the ARC.

#TheWaitress #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa