The Other Girlfriend by Alex Stone

The Other Girlfriend
🌟🌟
.ePUB, 292 pages
Expected Publication: 28 Jul 2022
By: Boldwood Books

About The Book:
She loves him.
Lizzie Green once loved Tom Murphy with a passion that bordered on obsession. All she wanted was his love to be returned. Then one night something terrible happened and Tom left Lizzie broken hearted. She swore she would never let him hurt her again.
She loves him not.
Now, ten years later, Tom turns up on Lizzie’s doorstep still as charming as ever. Lizzie knows he still has the power to break her heart and destroy her life again. But Lizzie can’t say no to him.

My Review:
I really hate writing bad reviews as I know the author has put a lot of work into writing their book. BUT...this one was not for me. It is told from a single point of view, that being the main character Lizzie. All she does throughout the entire book is hem and haw about what she's going to do about Tom. Over and over again she keeps going back and forth...ad nauseam. There is a lot of internal dialogue that is quite repetitive and very slow going. The whole time I was reading it I kept waiting for something to happen and it never really did. To me the big secret was a big dud, I figured out what the big reveal was gonna be pretty early on. Tom is the worst kind of human being, one that is only out for himself while he pretends to have your best interest at heart. He was very manipulative and Lizzie let him be, she was very immature and weak-willed. I loathed both of these characters for different reasons. I felt no suspense, thrills, or mystery reading this one so I am not sure how to categorize it. Many reviews give this book five stars, so please make up your mind about reading this one and don't go by me. 

Disclosure:
Many thanks to NetGalley, Boldwood Books, and Alex Stone for the giving of the ARC.

#TheOtherGirlfriend #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa