The Family Remains (The Family Upstairs, #2) by Lisa Jewell

The Family Remains (The Family Upstairs, #2)
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
.ePUB, 331 pages
Expected Publication: 09 Aug 2022
By: Simon & Schuster Canada, Atria Books

About The Book:
London. Early morning, June 2019: on the foreshore of the river Thames, a bag of bones is discovered. Human bones. DCI Samuel Owusu is called to the scene and quickly sends the bag for forensic examination. The bones are those of a young woman, killed by a blow to the head many years ago. Also inside the bag is a trail of clues, in particular the seeds of a rare tree which lead DCI Owusu back to a mansion in Chelsea where, nearly thirty years previously, three people lay dead in a kitchen, and a baby waited upstairs for someone to pick her up. The clues point forward too to a brother and sister in Chicago searching for the only person who can make sense of their pasts. Four deaths. An unsolved mystery. A family whose secrets can't stay buried for ever.

My Review:
Has it really been three years since book one!? My gosh time flies. I adored The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell and I remember thinking, where do these kids go next? And I am happy to report two things...1) My questions were answered and 2) I was not disappointed. This book lived up to all my expectations and then some. I don't usually read books in a series but when the writer is one of your favourite authors you make an exception. This is my fifth book by Lisa Jewell and I have to say it is one of the best, I enjoyed it even more than the first one! You do not need to read book one to be able to appreciate this but I highly recommend that you do. 

I loved the various points of view and the two different, yet merging, timelines. Everything just seemed to click together perfectly and the mysteries to be solved are so absorbing. I just HAD to know! The family drama and craziness continues and I got sucked into this story right away. Those pages practically turned themselves. 

With an intriguing plot, wonderful writing, and such extraordinary storytelling The Family Remains is one of Jewell's best books yet. All. The. Stars.

Disclosure:
With many thanks to NetGalley, Lisa Jewell and Simon & Schuster Canada, Atria Books for the giving of the ARC.

#TheFamilyRemains #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa