Improbably Yours by Kerry Anne King

Improbably Yours
🌟🌟🌟🌟
.PDF, 296 pages
Expected Publication: 18 Oct 2022
By: Lake Union Publishing

About The Book:
Blythe Harmon is on the fast track to a life she never wanted. On her thirtieth birthday, just as she’s about to lock herself into a high-powered job and accept a marriage proposal to match, an unusual bequest from her beloved late grandmother, Nomi, offers an escape and an invitation to adventure. Equipped with Nomi’s urn of ashes and a treasure map, Blythe sets off for a small island in the San Juans where she rents the mysterious and unsettling Improbable House. Secret by secret, clue by cryptic clue, she begins to unravel the puzzle her grandmother has left her to piece together. Her quest is complicated, though, by a powerful attraction to an enigmatic islander and empathy for his orphaned niece, both of whom are inexorably tied to the old house. Just when Blythe thinks she’s on the verge of solving the mystery, her quest takes an unexpected turn and she discovers that the treasure she’s really seeking is something that could never be buried in the ground. On the treasure hunt of a lifetime, the past and the future are coming together in this magical novel.

My Review:
Being from Toronto I truly love supporting Canadian authors and when I read Other People's Things by Kerry Anne King I knew she was going to be one of my favourites. I am happy to report that Improbably Yours does not disappoint. The story is heartbreaking at times and I loved being on the journey with Blythe, she was a character after my own heart. The story itself was wonderfully done mixing mystery and romance with an adventure of a lifetime. There is also a touch of magical realism and it is a genre that I am fairly new to this year but I am so here for it. I also enjoyed the humourous side of this story and found myself with a smile on my face often while reading it. I loved that Blythe decided to fight for her independence and to find her true happiness. I love the way that King writes books that are easy to read and so enjoyable that they can be finished in a day. I can't wait to see what comes next from this author.

Disclosure:
Many thanks to NetGalley, Kerry Anne King, and Lake Union Publishing for the giving of the ARC.

#ImprobablyYours #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa