The Vow by Debbie Howells

☆☆☆
.ePUB, 299 pages
Expected Publication: September 7th 2021 by Harper 360 - Avon

About the Book:
Two weeks before her wedding, a stranger stops Amy in the street and warns her she’s in danger. Then that night, Matt, her fiancé, doesn’t come home. Desperate, Amy calls the police – but when Matt fails to emerge, she’s forced to call off her wedding day. Then another man is reported missing, by a woman called Fiona – a man meeting Matt’s description, who was about to leave his fiancée for her. He was supposed to be moving in with her – but instead, he’s vanished. Amy refuses to believe Fiona’s lover can be her Matt – but photos prove otherwise, and it soon becomes clear that Matt has been leading a double life. As the police dig deeper, two conflicting, yet equally plausible stories emerge from two women who allegedly have never met. The wedding day never happened. But the funeral might.


My Review:
This book wasn't bad. I enjoyed the writing and the plot was interesting enough. There was suspense and the way the book is told, via Jess, Amy and Fiona's point of view was enjoyable. The author threw in another point of view from the past who is an unknown narrator...I really liked that. 

What I didn't like was the repetitiveness and the fact I figured out some things. It didn't take away all my enjoyment as I wanted to keep reading to find the why and if I was correct. There was a pretty big coincidence and you have to suspend belief a little bit, but if you can do that it is an okay read. And although the women in this story make many mistakes regarding love, friendship and a multitude of others...they still came off as very strong (if a bit naive), independent women who know what they want and go after it.

I liked this book enough to give it three stars, which on my scale means it is a good book and I would read more by this author.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Debbie Howells and Harper 360 - Avon for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheVow #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa