Deceive Me by Karen Cole

Deceive Me
☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 255 pages
Expected publication: July 20th 2021 by Mobius Books

About the Book:
When Jo's teenage daughter goes missing, she feels like the world is collapsing around her. The police believe Grace is just an angry teenager, punishing her parents by hiding out at a friend's house, but Jo is terrified that her daughter is in grave danger. With so little urgency from the police, Jo decides to take matters into her own hands. But, as Jo gets closer to discovering what has happened to her daughter, a devastating secret is uncovered that threatens to destroy the family she has been trying so very hard to protect.

My Review:
Deliver Me was my first book by Karen Cole, I read it back in May and I SO enjoyed it. This one didn't disappoint either. I loved that this book was done in the format of two timelines. The first being Joanne looking for her missing daughter and the second is when Jo is 17 and meets her daughters father, while being a babysitter for his family no less. I liked the before chapters the best, it always seems to be that way for me.

All the characters in this story are fully fleshed out, even the secondary ones. I find when that happens I care more about what happens in the book and the people in it. The most enjoyable part of this book was the fact I didn't see that ending coming so good on you Ms. Cole! This could have been a five star read for me and as much as I loved the book, and that ending, it took a long time to get there. BUT...If you enjoy a surprising domestic thriller I highly recommend this one.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Karen Cole and Mobius Books for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#DeceiveMe #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa