Two Wrongs by Mel McGrath

Two Wrongs
☆☆☆
.ePUB, 336 pages
Expected Publication: June 29th 2021 by Harper 360

About the Book:
One girl jumped. And then another followed…In the city of Bristol, young women are dying in mysterious circumstances. The deaths look like suicides – but are they something more sinister? Honor is terrified that her daughter might be next. But as she looks for clues as to what really happened to the girls, she stumbles upon a link to a dark secret in her own past – one that she’s kept from her daughter. Now Honor has the chance to avenge her child for the terrible events of years ago. But how far will she go to protect her daughter and right the wrongs done to her family?

My Review:
Mel McGrath has created a book that lures the reader on and on, the story of college aged girls commiting suicide. What a dark tale but one we should discuss more often. After reading this book it makes me happy that I had boys, not that boys can't come to any harm and they did in this book. I thought that was very clever of the author. I am also glad I taught my boys how to treat a lady.

I don't understand the low reviews for this book. It does start off as a slow burn but that made me want to read more, like layer after layer of information being revealed. It was very suspenseful in that aspect. McGrath has an excellent skill of description and flow. Her writing makes you want to turn to the next page. Many of her sentences I read more than once with admiration of the way they touched the five senses. It's one of the main reasons I could not stop reading. I loved that Honor lived on a boat and that she did repairs  and refurbished them, I loved being on the water with her.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Mel McGrath and Harper 360 for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TwoWrongs #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa