Kill All Your Darlings by David Bell

Kill All Your Darlings 
☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 350 pages
Expected publication: July 6th 2021 by Berkley Publishing Group

About the Book:
After years of struggling to write following the deaths of his wife and son, English professor Connor Nye publishes his first novel, a thriller about the murder of a young woman. There’s just one problem: Connor didn’t write the book. His missing student did. And then she appears on his doorstep, alive and well, threatening to expose him. Connor’s problems escalate when the police insist details in the novel implicate him in an unsolved murder from two years ago. Soon Connor discovers the crime is part of a disturbing scandal on campus and faces an impossible dilemma—admit he didn’t write the book and lose his job or keep up the lie and risk everything. When another murder occurs, Connor must clear his name by unraveling the horrifying secrets buried in his student’s manuscript. This is a suspenseful, provocative novel about the sexual harassment that still runs rampant in academia—and the lengths those in power will go to cover it up.

My Review:
I really, really enjoyed this book and I am not surprised. I wrote a review for The Request and I said "I really liked this author's writing and can't wait to read another". The writing and development are the stars here. I loved the premise and story within a story which gave it an extra layer of intrigue. David Bell did a marvelous job developing the characters and weaving a thoroughly engaging story...Few authors can tell a story this well. I think the mystery/thriller genre has to be one of the most difficult forms of writing, Mr. Bell makes it appear so easy.

I did guess where it was going just before it got there- but that didn't matter in the least, if anything it made me more anxious to see how the author would bring it all together...It was done beautifully. Incredible storytelling, I'll definitely be recommending this one.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, David Bell and Berkley Publishing Group for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#KillAllYourDarlings #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa