The A to Z of Us by Hannah Doyle

The A to Z of Us
☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 263 pages
Expected publication: June 11th 2021 by HQ Digital

About the Book:
If you want to know the A-Z of love then it starts with Alice and ends with Zach.

Alice is a self-confessed cynic when it comes to love. She’s never had a serious relationship herself and after supporting her best friend through a devastating break-up, she’s not about to let down her barriers anytime soon. Relationships always end badly.

Zach is a romantic. Even after his parents got divorced, he still believed in love and is eager to settle down and have a family of his own. He just hasn’t met The One yet.

After a chance meet-cute at an art gallery, Zach is immediately intrigued by Alice and realising their names bookend the alphabet suggests that their next date needs to begin with a B. Alice agrees to one date while Zach is determined to make her believe in love. But can love ever be as easy as abc?

My Review:
This book was so cute and so cheesy it was utterly saccharine at times and I really needed that right now and I absolutely loved it. One minute I was feeling sad while reading it and the next I was giggling like a schoolgirl.

When Alice and Zach meet Zach notices they are bookends to the alphabet and suggests that they date their way through B to Z. Alice agrees but doesn't mention her three date rule, then Zach overhears her talking about it with her friend Dylan. What follows are 25 dates that start with each letter of the alphabet and  Alice and Zach taking it in turns to choose the date.

I loved everything about this book...from the cover to the meet cute. The unique dates (IKEA anyone?) made this book so refreshing and the growing relationship between Alice and Zach had me cheering them on. The characters had real personalities and quirks that made me really feel for them, even the secondary ones. This is my first book by Hannah Doyle and I will certainly be seeking out more of her books when I need a lift.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Hannah Doyle and HQ Digital for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheAtoZofUs #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa