Not My Daughter by Suzy K. Quinn

Not My Daughter 
☆☆1/2
.ePUB, 272 pages
Expected Publication: June 15th 2021 by Harper 360/HQ

About the Book:
I told my daughter a terrible lie…Lorna never told her sixteen-year-old daughter the chilling truth about her real father. But one morning, she finds Liberty missing — and realizes the teenager has left to find the man she once fled from. After sixteen years of protecting my daughter from the dark secret of her past, I wake one morning to find her room empty, rucksack gone. Most runaways return within 72 hours, but I’m not so sure. I think my daughter has gone to find her real father – the man I fled from years ago. No one knows better than me that beneath his charm lies a monster. I escaped him once. But will she see him for what he really is? After all, blood is thicker than water.

My Review:
This book had me flipping the pages so fast. Even though I figured out where this was going pretty quickly I enjoyed the beginning of this book SO much. The writing was captivating I could not put this book down and I even managed to read it in one sitting. The topics discussed are very timely and interesting, the author handled a lot of tough subjects with sensitivity. 

BUT...I did find the ending parts of the book a REALLY hard to believe, especially since the daughter in question is sixteen years old. But is was so readable in the first half I am willing to give it an average rating. My other complaint...SPOILER...don't name your book "Not My Daughter" when it is supposed to be part of the surprising plot line.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Suzy K. Quinn and Harper 360/HQ for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NotMyDaughter #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa