Hostage by Clare Mackintosh

Hostage
☆☆☆
.PDF, 303 pages
Expected publication: June 22nd 2021 by Little Brown Book Group UK/Sphere

About the Book:

You can save hundreds of lives.
Or the one that matters most . . .


The atmosphere on board the first non-stop flight from London to Sydney is electric. Celebrities are rumoured to be among the passengers in business class, and the world is watching the landmark journey. Flight attendant Mina is trying to focus on the passengers, instead of her troubled five-year-old daughter back at home - or the cataclysmic problems in her marriage. But soon after the plane takes off, Mina receives a chilling anonymous note. Someone wants to make sure the plane never reaches its destination. They're demanding her cooperation . . . and they know exactly how to get it.

It's twenty hours to landing.
A lot can happen in twenty hours . . .


My Review:
Oh my gosh...This book...Now that's what I call a fast paced story...Non stop thrills the entire time...Which I enjoyed from start to finish. I liked the format of the book from the point of view of Mina, Adam and even Sophia and I loved that we get inside knowledge from the ground and in the air in alternating chapters. There is a lot going on in this book as Adam and Mina are dealing with a child with special needs, Mina is struggling with a mysterious reason for quitting flight school and Adam has a secret of his own. But it all comes together nicely and adds to the plot instead of diluting it.

I’m not exaggerating when I say that I was hooked from the first page. Clare Mackintosh has done it yet again. I found the writing style to be hugely addictive and it sucked me right in. The plot is so fast paced and frantic that the pages practically turn themselves. And that ending...WOW.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Clare Mackintosh and Little Brown Book Group UK/Sphere for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#Hostage #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa