A Double Life by Charlotte Philby

A Double Life
☆☆
.ePUB, 392 pages
Expected Publication: July 6th 2021 by Harper 360/The Borough Press

About the Book:
Isobel is a journalist on the local paper in Camden. After witnessing a violent attack, she starts to investigate. But someone saw her watching, and is making themselves known in increasingly frightening ways. As Gabriela’s life begins to unravel, Isobel gets closer to the truth, and the two women’s lives converge in this deeply chilling examination of deceit.

My Review:
This is my second novel by Ms. Philby and my second disappointment. I thought I was getting a Spy/Espionage Thriller novel but it turned out I was wrong and that was VERY frustrating. I found the book a little long as well. There were a lot of unnecessary pages that could have been cut. And as with her last book the ending was very unsatisfying.

I did like that it had two women as main characters. I especially enjoyed the fact that the two womens seem to be a totally different paths then they converge nicely at the end. All in all a mediocre book at best.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Charlotte Philby and Harper 360/The Borough Press for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#ADoubleLife #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa