The Perfect Father by Charlotte Duckworth

The Perfect Father
☆☆☆☆1/2
.PDF, 245 pages
Expected publication: August 17th, 2021 by Mobius Books

About the Book:
THE PERFECT HUSBAND . . .After a difficult pregnancy, Esther is grateful that her husband Robin offers to put his career on hold so that she can return to the job she loves. But Esther finds leaving her daughter Riley behind more challenging than she'd thought. And soon the new imbalance in her relationship with Robin brings old tensions to the surface. OR A PERFECT LIE? Then one day Esther arrives home from work to find Robin and Riley are missing. As the police investigate their disappearance, it becomes clear that nothing about this modern-day family is what it seems. Is Robin the perfect father everyone thinks he is? Or was it all a perfect lie?


My Review:
Blood is not thicker than water. Love is thicker than everything.

This is my third book by Charlotte Duckworth, I have read and enjoyed everything she has written.  The Perfect Father isn't a thriller in the usual sense, but boy was I thrilled to read it! The story is told in my favourite format...two points of view via husband and wife Robin and Esther AND two timelines, Now and Earlier. Both Robin and Esther were characters I loved to hate, I had no one to root for until the end...except the baby Riley.

This was without a doubt an emotional roller coaster. I had the hardest time putting it down. I was looking for something different and this book did not disappoint. Obviously the tragic feelings it invoked had me bummed...But for story purposes, I think that was the point. It is after all very psychological...Of all the theories that were running through my head, I never would have guessed one of the surprises and that’s why I loved this book.

There are actually two major twists in this story...one of them I had figured out but the other was an interesting surprise. I found the story to be skillfully blended and got caught up with the characters and story line. Would highly recommend this book for fans of psychological thrillers. 

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Charlotte Duckworth and Mobius Books for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#ThePerfectFather #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa