Time After Time by Louise Pentland

Time After Time
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
.ePUB, 246 pages
Published: 21 July 2022
By: Zaffre

About The Book:
Tabitha is stuck. She still lives in the small town she grew up in...the town she's barely ever left. So, when her dad drops a bombshell over their weekly Sunday dinner, Tabitha takes a look at her own life. She lives firmly in her comfort zone and doesn't know how to break out. Sometimes she wishes she should go back and start it all again. When she meets Bea, a free spirit like no one else she's ever known with an 'interesting' sense of style, Tabitha quickly befriends her, recognising in Bea the change she's been craving. But soon it becomes clear that more has changed than her new friend. Somehow Tabitha has been transported back to the 1980s. With the chance to reinvent herself in another time, will Tabitha finally manage to move forward?

My Review:
Wow, the nostalgia is heavy in this one and I loved it. I was a teenager in the 80s' so I was very familiar with the goings on when Tabitha time traveled there. I have never read a Louise Pentland book before but this one was downright fun and had laugh-out-loud moments.  And even though a part of it was predictable there were also a couple of surprises in the end.

I loved the mother-daughter relationship angle. Tabby is such a relatable character and I saw a lot of myself in her. I liked how her confidence grew throughout the book as her boyfriend David is a real a$$ and I hated him from the start.

The storyline grabbed me right away and it was a fast, easy read that was a lot of fun. I managed to read it in a day both because it was so good and because it was so short. The fashion elements were the best part for me, I love anything vintage or retro and am a collector of designer bags myself. There was so much to enjoy with this read and I found I lost myself in its pages for many hours and I look forward to seeing what else the author has on offer.

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa