The Family Across the Street by Nicole Trope

The Family Across the Street
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
.ePUB, 247 pages
Publication Date: 04 August 2021
By: Bookouture

About The Book:
Everybody wants to live on Hogarth Street, the pretty, tree-lined avenue with its white houses. The new family, The Wests, are a perfect fit. Katherine and John* seem so in love and their gorgeous five-year-old twins race screeching around their beautiful emerald-green lawn. But soon people start to notice: why don’t they join backyard barbecues? Why do they brush away offers to babysit? Why, when you knock at the door, do they shut you out, rather than inviting you in? Every family has secrets, and on the hottest day of the year, the truth is about to come out. As a tragedy unfolds behind closed doors, the dawn chorus is split by the wail of sirens. And one by one the families who tried so hard to welcome the Wests begin to realise: Hogarth Street will never be the same again.

My Review:
I absolutely loved The Boy in the Photo and really enjoyed My Daughter's Secret by this author, Nicole Trope is the queen of the psychological thriller and The Family across the Street is no exception. The story is told from three points of view, Katherine, Logan, and Gladys with a lot of internal dialogue. These are not perfect people but they were characters I liked, a lot and I was cheering for all three of them. I also appreciated the way the story was told, starting with the amazing prologue and then going through time starting seven hours before the incident. Trope's books always deliver when they say things like "A totally unputdownable psychological thriller with a shocking twist." This one was so engrossing I read it in a single sitting as it is one of those books where the pages practically turn themselves because you can't wait to find out what happens next and due to the fact that it is very well written and extremely fast-paced. My heart was literally in my throat at times and pounding while I read it and I felt so much anger and compassion on behalf of the victims. If you enjoy pulse-pounding yet emotional domestic thrillers this book is for you. All. The. Stars.

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman