The Split by Amanda Brookfield

The Split
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
.ePUB, 402 pages
Expected Publication: 10 Aug 2022
By: Boldwood Books

About The Book:
Two decades on from a passionate courtship and marriage, Lucas and Esther are getting divorced. For Esther, it’s proving hard not to feel bitter watching Lucas enjoying his successful career, not to mention the attentions of his gorgeous, intelligent, and predictably younger lover. She meanwhile is struggling to forge a new life for herself, navigating the pitfalls of modern dating, while trying not to despair at the cost of living as a single woman of a certain age. Then Lucas faces a shattering accusation at the same time as their children Dylan and Lily, start to implode. When Dylan runs away, and as his father fights to save his reputation, Lucas and Esther find themselves back in each other’s lives, whether they like it or not. Has too much water passed under the bridge, or will long-forgotten loyalties and feelings bring the family back together, just when they need each other the most?

My Review:
I really loved The Other Woman by Amanda Brookfield so when I saw that NetGalley had The Split on offer it was a no-brainer to request it and am I ever glad I did. Although it starts off kinda slow we really get to know each character, they are fully fleshed out and are very realistic, raw, and human. The more I read of this novel the more engrossing and intriguing it became, I do love a slow burner. Esther was a character after my own heart, I love that she always put what was best for her kids and the family at large front and center, that really endeared her to me. Now Lucas on the other hand, I loathed him, he is what I call deplorable. What a self-serving asshat he was. Having such contrasting characters was a joy to read and I loved Amanda Brookfield's amazing writing, I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

Disclosure:
Many thanks to NetGalley, Amanda Brookfield, Boldwood Books for the giving of the ARC.

#TheSplit #NetGalley

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa