A Day Like This by Kelley McNeil

A Day Like This
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
.ePUB, 276 pages
Published: November 1st, 2021
By: Lake Union Publishing

About The Book:
Annie Beyers has everything—a beautiful house, a loving husband, and an adorable daughter. It’s a day like any other when she takes Hannah to the pediatrician…until she wakes hours later from a car accident. When she asks for her daughter, confused doctors tell Annie that Hannah never existed. In fact, nothing after waking from the crash is the same as Annie remembers. Five happy years of her life apparently never happened. Annie’s marriage is coming to an end. Now a successful artist living in Manhattan, she’s no longer home in their beloved upstate farmhouse. Her long-estranged sister is more like a best friend, and her recently deceased dog is alive and well. With each passing day, Annie’s remembered past and unfamiliar present begin to blur. Haunted by visions of Hannah, and with knowledge of things she can’t explain, Annie wonders…is everyone lying to her? The search for answers leads Annie down an illuminating path far from home, to reconcile the memories with reality and to discover the truth about the life she’s living.

My Review:
Embrace the unknown and see what unfolds when we get there.

This is the kind of book that breaks your heart into a million pieces and then puts it back together again. The story pulled me in right away and never let me go. The writing was expressive and a passionate love story of motherhood. The descriptions are very vivid and detailed. The plot itself was captivating, compelling, and utterly charming. I loved everything about it. The different lives Anne leads is kind of like Sliding Doors but much more emotional because it is the story of a mother's love for her child. I appreciated the way the book made me feel and think about "what if?". The author really brought these characters to life and the inner dialogue of Anne made me feel like I knew her and I was able to sympathize. The book can fall into many genres such as romance, science fiction, and mystery but the category I would put it under is simply brilliant. This book will make you grateful for what you have. What a wonderfully remarkable debut. All. The. Stars.

I borrowed this book from my local library, thanks Toronto Public Library!

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa