The Winners (Beartown #3) by Fredrik Backman

The Winners (Beartown #3)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
.ePUB, 654 pages
Expected Publication: 27 Sep 2022
By: Simon & Schuster Canada, Atria Books

About The Book:
Two years have passed since the events that no one wants to think about. Everyone has tried to move on, but there’s something about this place that prevents it. The residents continue to grapple with life’s big questions: What is a family? What is a community? And what, if anything, are we willing to sacrifice in order to protect them? As the locals of Beartown struggle to overcome the past, great change is on the horizon. Someone is coming home after a long time away. Someone will be laid to rest. Someone will fall in love, someone will try to fix their marriage, and someone will do anything to save their children. Someone will submit to hate, someone will fight, and someone will grab a gun and walk towards the ice rink. So what are the residents of Beartown willing to sacrifice for their home? Everything.

My Review:
This was a long book to get through, 650+ pages, but It didn't feel like it to me. So heartbreaking yet so beautiful at the same time. Once again it is Backman's writing that steals the show and really got to me. His characters stayed with me and I especially loved Benji. I was so absorbed in the story that it only took me a couple of days to read the whole thing. It was such another wonderful visit to Beartown and I enjoyed seeing old friends and new characters too, not to mention the occasional enemy. This series of books have had such an emotional impact on me, the way I felt through all three of them had my emotions all over the place, everything from devastation and anger to pure joy. If you want to read this one I implore you to read Beartown #1 and Us Against You #2 first, you will get so much from them and you won't regret it. All. The. Stars. 

Disclosure:
Many thanks to NetGalley, Fredrik Backman, and Simon & Schuster Canada, Atria Books for the giving of the ARC.

#NetGalley

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa