The Box by Dan Malakin

The Box
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
.ePUB, 305 pages
Published June 16th 2022
By: Viper

About The Book:
Ed Truman's family is falling apart. His daughter Ally is being targeted by an alt-right incel organisation, Men Together. His house is being picketed, former clients are accusing him of sexual assault, his son won't speak to him. And then Ally disappears. Frantic, Ed suspects that Men Together have abducted her. But before he can go to the police, his DNA is found on the body of a young woman. Suddenly he's the subject of a nationwide manhunt, led by the tenacious DCI Jackie Rose. Ed finds himself on the run with Ally's friend, Phoenix, who claims to know where Ally is. But what is the truth? Is Ed a violent sexual predator? Or is he the victim of a ruthless conspiracy? The answers are in The Box. But not everyone who goes in, comes out alive.

My Review:
This book started with a bang and did not let up the entire time I was reading it. I was gripped from the get-go and that ending surprised me and the twists got me too. I don't usually go for books with bits of police procedurals but I saw this book all over Twitter and had a bad case of FOMO. The premise is a unique one and Malakin executed it in spectacular fashion. I wasn't sure if Ed was gonna be a character I could root for but in the end, he endeared himself to me through the love of his children. I loved the complex characters in this book and I loved how unpredictable it was. The story is very timely and I liked how the author didn't shy away from tough subject matter, I also appreciated that he got his point across without having to hit the reader over the head with a hammer. I do hope there is another book in the future as I'd like to see what happens to Ed and I'd like to hear more about DCI Jackie Rose's backstory. If you like adrenaline-fueled thrillers with lots of surprises and a well-crafted story then this is the book for you.

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa