The Open House by Sam Carrington

The Open House
☆☆
.PDF, 289 pages
Expected publication: December 10th 2020 by Avon Books UK

About the Book:
Everyone’s welcome. But not everyone leaves…Nick and Amber Miller are splitting up and selling their Devon family home. But despite the desirable location, the house isn’t moving. Not a single viewing so far. When their estate agent suggests an open house event, Amber agrees, even as she worries about their gossiping neighbours attending and snooping around their home. But Amber has more to worry about than nosy neighbours. Because thirteen people enter her house that afternoon, and only twelve leave. Someone doesn't want the house to sell, and is willing to do anything to stop it…


My Review:
Meh. I got bored pretty quick with this one. It was very repetitive...only 12 came out...I must get the key...I have to move...I don't trust them...but it was just there. I was really disappointed because the blurb and the plot seemed right up my alley. 

There wasn't much suspense for my liking, there were way too many characters to keep track of and no one to root for as I hated everyone! The pacing was really slow...again repetitive...and the twist/reveal wasn't surprising at all and way too over the top. I was really disappointed as I LOVED I dare You by the same author...The writing was okay and worth two stars.

Disclousure:
Thank you NetGalley, Sam Carrington and Avon Books UK for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman