A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman

A House at the Bottom of a Lake
☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 130 pages
Expected publication: January 19th 2021 by Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine and Del Rey

About the Book:
The story begins: young lovers, anxious to connect, agree to a first date, thinking outside of the box. At seventeen years old, James and Amelia can feel the rest of their lives beginning. They have got this summer and this summer alone to experience the extraordinary. But they didn’t expect to find it in a house at the bottom of a lake. The house is cold and dark, but it’s also their own. Caution be damned, until being carefree becomes dangerous. For the teens must decide: swim deeper into the house—all the while falling deeper in love? Whatever they do, they will never be able to turn their backs on what they discovered together. And what they learned: Just because a house is empty, doesn’t mean nobody’s home.


My Review:
This book wasn't what I was expecting but I still liked it very much. The writing and descriptions are wonderful. I could imagine everything the characters were seeing and I found myself holding my breath a lot. The story falls under many genres...young adult, science fiction and even romance. NetgGalley even has it as horror but I didn't find that to be true so for that reason I took a star off and rounded up.

Disclousure:
Thank you NetGalley, Josh Malerman, Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine and Del Rey for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#AHouseattheBottomofaLake #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa