She Lied She Died by Carissa Ann Lynch

☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 171 pages
Expected publication: December 4th 2020 by HarperCollins UK, One More Chapter

About the Book:
When bad girls lie, good girls die. A young girl found dead in a neighbor’s field. A fourteen-year-old who confesses. Just a child herself, could Chrissy Cornwall really be a cold-blooded killer? Years later, the murderer is getting out and Natalie Bryers, unable to forget the night of Jenny’s murder, still has questions. Did Chrissy lie then or is she lying now? Did she really kill Jenny? And if so, will she kill again?


My Review:
I loved The One Night Stand so this was a no-brainer for me to request. Carissa Ann Lynch engages you with the relationship of Chrissy and Natalie each involved in some way with a tragic event, the death of fourteen year old Jenny thirty years ago. Chrissy admitted to the murder and was sent to prison for thirty years, now she's back and says she didn't do it. Aspiring writer Natalie is willing to listen to her side of the story and try and get a book out of it. 

This is an excellent whodunit, each new chapter brings a little more information to the reader meaning I was constantly changing my theories as I went along. To me, this is the best part of reading a thriller. I devoured this book in one sitting (it is a short book though) as I couldn’t put it down. The story line is engaging and surprising at the end. 

The Bottom Line:
I loved this. An easy read, fast-paced and an insight into 2 different characters. It was interesting to see the perspective from two strong women. 

Disclousure:
Thank you NetGalley, Carissa Ann Lynch and HarperCollins UK, One More Chapter for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NetGalley

QUESTION: Could they not come up with a more unique cover? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman