Part of the Family by Charlotte Philby

Part of the Family

.ePUB, 358 pages
Expected publication: January 26th 2021 by Harper 360 - The Borough Press

About the Book:
On the surface, Anna Witherall has the perfect life. Married to her university boyfriend David, she has an enviable job, beautiful home, and gorgeous three-year-old twin daughters, Stella and Rose. Their competent and capable nanny, Maria, is practically part of the family. But beneath the veneer of success and happiness, Anna is hiding a dark secret, one that threatens to unravel everything she has worked so hard to create. Only one thing is certain: to protect her children, she must betray them.

My Review:
O-M-Gosh, this book confused me and I am not one to confuse easily. I can take dual timelines, unreliable narrators and non-linear time-lines but this was a hot mess. And the ending was such a dud...nothing felt resolved and I was left completely unsatisfied. If this means there may be a part two, count me out.

This was a long book to slog through too...Grrrrr. I was kindly given a free copy but if I had paid for this I would be asking for a full refund...HEY! I want money for the time I put into this book. In a word, dreadful.

Disclousure:
Thank you NetGalley, Charlotte Philby, Harper 360 and The Borough Press for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#PartoftheFamily #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa