Layla by Colleen Hoover

Layla
☆☆☆☆
.PDF, 244 pages
Expected publication: December 8th 2020 by Montlake

About the Book:
When Leeds meets Layla, he’s convinced he’ll spend the rest of his life with her—until an unexpected attack leaves Layla fighting for her life. After weeks in the hospital, Layla recovers physically, but the emotional and mental scarring has altered the woman Leeds fell in love with. In order to put their relationship back on track, Leeds whisks Layla away to the bed-and-breakfast where they first met. Once they arrive, Layla’s behavior takes a bizarre turn. And that’s just one of many inexplicable occurrences. Feeling distant from Layla, Leeds soon finds solace in Willow—another guest of the B&B with whom he forms a connection through their shared concerns. As his curiosity for Willow grows, his decision to help her find answers puts him in direct conflict with Layla’s well-being. Leeds soon realizes he has to make a choice because he can’t help both of them. But if he makes the wrong choice, it could be detrimental for all of them.

My Review:

I’m becoming too fascinated with the world we aren’t in, and that’s going to affect us.

This is not my type of book at all but I have read and enjoyed some of Ms. hoovers other works, and it has such a high GR reads rating, so I asked for it on NetGalley. Even the NetGalley reviews were stellar and my GR friends gave it a four star average. Am I ever glad I took the risk as I enjoyed this SO much.

The romance in this novel was swoon worthy, not the steamy, sexy kind (although there is a bit of that was well) but the make your heart melt kind. Leeds and Layla have a romance for the ages that would make any couple envious and I so enjoyed taking this journey with them. 

What I liked most was the fact that I thought I had everything worked out but Ms. Hoover throws in a twist that left me completely satisfied and I loved getting tricked by her.

Disclousure:
Thank you NetGalley, Colleen Hoover and Montlake for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#Layla #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa