False Hope by Lynne Lee

False Hope
☆☆☆☆
.PDF, 248 pages
Expected publication: January 21st 2021 by Amazon Publishing UK

About the Book:
She made a big promise. Did she also make a big mistake? Ten years ago, Grace made her dying sister a promise—that she would look after Hope’s baby son as her own. Now, the man whose son she is raising has turned up on Grace’s operating table, fighting for his life. When an accusation of negligence follows, Grace is forced to confront not just the man who abandoned her sister, but also his mother, Norma—who blames Grace for taking everything she loves. Based on what her sister told her, Grace is sure she did the right thing to keep that promise. But what if Hope didn’t tell her everything? Norma’s vicious attacks push Grace to investigate further and what she finds makes her question everything she thinks she knows, pointing to a very different past – and a devastating betrayal. As Grace uncovers the truth, can she protect her family from the consequences of what her sister did?

My Review:
I have never seen such an apt title before, it fits perfect with the story inside.  This book crossed several genres; it could qualify as a psychological thriller, suspense and especially a family drama.

This is an extremely absorbing story. I felt very drawn to most of the characters. I liked the relationship of the sisters, it felt real as not everyone in a family gets along, even if they love each other fiercely. I really like books where I bond quickly with the characters.

The element of suspense was well played. There were several questions and uncertainties but author, Lynne Lee, was in no hurry to reveal the answers. I spent a lot of time speculating, but was pretty off track. I love it when an author surprises me. The author has a very engaging style and I was reading as fast as I could to see what would happen next. 

This story was a tangled web, was suspenseful and kept me interested. I was invested in these characters and had to keep reading until I found out their fates. I definitely enjoyed this twisted tale and will seek out more from this author in the future.

Disclousure:
Thank you NetGalley, Lynne Lee and Amazon Publishing UK for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#FalseHope #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman