Deadly Games by Steve Frech

Deadly Games
☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 231 pages
Expected publication: December 4th 2020 by HQ Digital

About the Book:
I know everything about you. I know your name, your birthday, your kids’ names, where you live, where you work. I know when you get that big promotion, or when you argue with your spouse. You tell me all this because I’m your bartender. But someone knows everything about me too. Someone knows all my secrets and they’re using them against me. They’re setting me up. The police think I murdered Emily Parker. To prove my innocence I need to find the real killer. I need to beat him at his own game.


My Review:

No plan survives first contact with the enemy.

I have read two other novels by Steve Frech. I found both Nightingale House and Dark Hollows to be very atmospheric and creepy and I love the covers of all three books. Deadly Games continues in Mr. Frech's usual vein of an absorbing, suspenseful writing. This particular story reminded me of The Fugitive and many times I caught myself holding my breath in anticipation.

This was a creepy, atmospheric thriller with a psychopath playing deadly games. It dragged in a couple of spots but most of the story was downright chilling. I especially liked the ending twist. I highly recommend if you like psychological thrillers.

Disclousure:
Thank you NetGalley, Steve Frech and HQ Digital for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#DeadlyGames #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman