The Third Sister (Ilka Jensen #3) by Sara Blaedel


☆☆☆1/2
ebook, 252 pages
Expected publication: April 7th 2020 by Grand Central Publishing
About the Book:
Ilka Jensen's life is in chaos following the tumultuous events of Her Father's Secret. The funeral home she inherited after her estranged father's death is bankrupt. Her new business partner, Artie, lies unconscious in the hospital after a savage attack by mysterious assailants, and her father's second wife is in prison. Then, just as Ilka learns a shocking revelation about her father, two menacing strangers turn up at the funeral home -- dangerous men who mean to draw her further into a world of secrets, betrayal, and murder. In order to protect herself and those around her, Ilka sets off on a twisting journey to confront the truth about the man who abandoned her as a child. But the long-buried secrets of her father's past are more tangled and perilous than Ilka could ever imagine.


This is the last of the Ilka Jensen series and the books got better as I went along. I think it's because the first two books were cliffhangers but I really enjoyed this one so very much more. In terms of the mystery for this book, I thought it was above average but didn't hit spectacular level. In my opinion the author didn't make it super obvious what had happened until the big reveal although maybe other readers will disagree. I'll admit I had a smirk on my face when my theory started to finally play out but it was quickly erased when I was proven wrong. Overall I really enjoyed this book even though it wasn't perfect. If you are in the mood for a mindless but fairly entertaining read, consider checking this one out.

Thank you NetGalley, Grand Central Publishing and Sara Blaedel for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa