Brave Girl, Quiet GirlBrave Girl, Quiet Girl by Catherine Ryan Hyde

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I knew then. I knew I was okay being with her, but . . . more than okay. Almost like I was home with her, in a weird way. I mean, it wasn’t as good as having a real home, because I couldn’t actually live in a thing like I’d found with her, but it still felt something like home, because it was a place where I could bring my whole self.

There are memorable characters and stories and then there are fantastic characters and incredibly moving stories brought to life that allow you to fall deep into a book and forget that they are just that. Stories. This is what happens when you read Brave Girl, Quiet Girl by Catherine Ryan Hyde. Rich storytelling, fraught with intense struggle, torn between two worlds a young girl who leaves her home, not of her own accord.

I read many of Catherine Ryan Hyde's books, so I shouldn't be surprised that I loved this one so much. A well written story of mistakes, choices, family, love and forgiveness. From the very first page I was pulled in by the characters. Throughout the entire novel, I felt I was standing in the background, observing, listening and sharing the experience. The characters are flawed, many reminding me of those who have also crossed my path. And yet, each one is so very human.

And this is what I love most about Catherine Ryan Hyde's novels. How she captures the human spirit and family dynamics in a brilliant and realistic way. Her writing is beautiful, thought provoking and leaves the reader all the better for having read her story. I loved every word. Catherine Ryan Hyde is absolutely brilliant. This book has actually left me speechless with the depth of it's perfection. So, I will simply suggest that you read it...All. The. Stars.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa