Blood Orange by Harriet Tyce


☆☆1/2
ebook, 280 pages
Expected publication: February 29th, 2020 by Grand Central Publishing
About the Book:
Alison has it all. A doting husband, adorable daughter, and a career on the rise--she's just been given her first murder case to defend. But all is never as it seems. Just one more night. Then I'll end it. Alison drinks too much. She's neglecting her family. And she's having an affair with a colleague whose taste for pushing boundaries may be more than she can handle. I did it. I killed him. I should be locked up. Alison's client doesn't deny that she stabbed her husband - she wants to plead guilty. And yet something about her story is deeply amiss. Saving this woman may be the first step to Alison saving herself. I'm watching you. I know what you're doing. But someone knows Alison's secrets. Someone who wants to make her pay for what she's done, and who won't stop until she's lost everything.


I really really tried to love this book. The writing was good and it was a page turner for sure. BUT the way the protagonist kept going back and forth about what she was going to do about her husband and the guy she is having the affair with...it drove me nuts. Pick a damn guy...make a decision and stick with it. She came off as needy and weak and drank like a fish.

The sub-plot with the murderess was a bit better and I liked the court room and law office dramatics. But I figured out all three of the reveals before the first hundred pages. Harriet Tyce can write, that is not in question, I just didn't like the back and forth and indecisions of the drunken lawyer, nothing was surprising and there was a lot going on.

Thank you NetGalley, Grand Central Publishing and Harriet Tyce for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#BloodOrange #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa